Roadside Assistance

Call 3-9-9 for Non-Emergency Roadside Assistance on the Highway...

If your car breaks down on the freeway and there is no Call Box in sight, you can use your cellphone  to get non-emergency roadside assistance quickly and easily by calling 3-9-9. 

You can also use this to report obstacles or hazards in the road.Calls to 3-9-9 are connected to Call Box operators who can Metro Freeway Service Patrol (FSP) tow trucks to your location.   If you are covered by AAA, the dispatcher can patch your call straight through to AAA.  FSP help is free of charge, and is funded by an additional $1 on every Vehicle Licenses Fee  in the State of California. In emergencies, you should still always call 9-1-1.